Friday, February 20, 2009

Oatmeal Fruit Smoothie

This is one of my favorite breakfast smoothie recipes. Sometimes my guys complain about eating oatmeal (especially because I don't add sugar) so this way they still get the health benefit of rolled oats. I usually add a scoop of protein powder to the morning smoothies so the brain has plenty of amino acids to get it going.

To make this smoothie, throw everything into a blender and let 'er rip.

1 banana
1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


If you liked this smoothie recipe, visit Natural ADHD Cure and sign up for our free newsletter. You will receive “109 Brain-Busting Smoothie Recipes” absolutely free! And don't worry; We have a spam-free privacy policy.

3 comments:

Kendra at New Life On A Homestead said...

Thanks for the recipe. I tried it this morning. I have to say, it was a little... different. I blended up the oatmeal into almost a powder before I made the smoothie, 'cause I didn't want big chunks. It came out kinda thick, and the oatmeal consistency was strange to drink down. I love trying new smoothies though, so thanks for sharing! Still looking for that perfect smoothie :)

Christine Abraham said...

You might try this again, but without grinding the oatmeal to a powder. When I made this smoothie, it was thick but not too thick. Or maybe this recipe wasn't for you. Keep watching. We will be adding new smoothie recipes every couple weeks. You might still find your perfect smoothie!

Unknown said...

Make sure you do not use the instant oats or ready oats for this as this type of instant oats makes for a thicker smoothie